Welcome! If you’re interested in our lab, please read below and shoot your CV in this form.
We are looking for an motivated undergraduate intern who has an abundant intellectual curiosity, with a solid foundation in mathematics and computer science, and enjoys implementing ideas. As an intern, you will implement some ideas, host some events, and write some documents to scale-up our project and teams. I strongly prefer working with students who are committed to interning for at least 6 months, and willing to join our lab in the future. While doing internship, you can conduct Undergraduate thesis I and II (3 credits each), or apply G-SURF program to get additional support.
For GIST undergrads: Take as many mathematics courses (
PS4219) as well as EC/AI courses, then you will be able to investigate wider range of topics. We also invite students who has strong developing skills and interested in UX/UI design. If you are interested in modeling, prior experience in Kaggle competitions would be helpful.
For International students: Thanks for showing your interest in our lab. GIST offers an exchange program for regular semester, and global internship program (GIP) for summer vacation. You can apply for this program by including my name in your application. GIP program accommodates an 8-week visit to GIST over the summer with the application period commencing in February. Check more information on this website: https://ipa.gist.ac.kr/
Listed below are some projects and events I did with undergraduate interns.
- Seven papers at Korea Software Congress 2023 [News]
- Gym environment for RL training on ARC [Github]
- Web application for Abstraction and Reasoning [O2ARC tool]
- Mimicking Human Solutions with Object-Centric Decision Transformer [ICMLW’23]
- Abstraction and Reasoning Challenge with Decision Transformer [KCC’23]
- Object Detection on ARC Problem Using Graph Abstraction [KCC’23]
- Engineering Prompts for the ARC Challenge [KCC’23]
- Playgrounds for Abstraction and Reasoning [NeurIPSW’22] [KSC’22] [Poster] [Happy ARC Day]
- 2022 Summer Intern’s talk [Subin-5min] [Prin-5min] [Shiekh-5min]
- Classification of Goods Using Text Descriptions With Sentences Retrieval [TIST]
- Customs Fraud Detection in the Presence of Concept Drift [ICDMW’21] [Video]
- Response to COVID-19 with Probabilistic Programming [Frontiers in Public Health’22] [Github]
- Hyperbolic Interaction Model for Category Classification in E-Commerce [KSC’21] [Video]
- Active Learning for Custom Fraud Detection [TKDE’22]
- Hierarchical POI Embedding with Heterogeneuos Information [Slides] [Github]
- Customer Revisit Prediction using Macroscale Mobility [KSC’19] [URP Report]
As a faculty in GIST AI, I have a few slots to host MS/PhD students every year. You have to get admission from the department first in order to be eligible to join our lab.
저는 GIST AI대학원 전임교원으로 AI대학원에서 석사/박사/석박통합과정 학생을 매년 선발할 수 있습니다, 선발된 학생 중에서는 삼성전자 산학장학생 - 지능형모터트랙과 같은 기회도 제공됩니다. 저와 함께 공부하실 분은 GIST AI대학원에 지원해 주세요, 대학원 입시에 통과하시면 연구실 컨택 기간이 주어집니다. 대학원 어드미션을 받기 전에 연락을 주실 경우에는 따로 드릴 말씀이 많지 않습니다.
Check the below links occasionally to get information, such as official application period and documents you need to prepare.
Due to the large number of requests, I may not be able to answer your emails. After submitting the official application, please shoot your CV through the form so that I can track your interest. Note that I only write recommendation letters to students who I worked with, so please receive them from your mentors.
For Incoming Graduate Students at GIST
Congratulations! If you received an admission at GIST AI and interested in joining our lab starting in the following semester, please email me after writing the form. I ask for a 1-on-1 meeting with the applicant to better understand their motivation, background, and interests. Successful candidates will be asked for a 30 min presentation with the current members invited. The applicant introduces themselves and presents potential research ideas they’d like to explore.
I generally ask these questions:
How do you describe yourself?
What’s your career plan after getting your MS/PhD degree?